I'm not scared about going-- I'm so ready to just BE in Spain because I know I'll land on my feet once I'm there. I don't know... I just feel jittery, like I've had three cups of coffee in a short period of time when in fact, I've had none. My brain is pinging so fast that it can hardly keep up with itself:
- packing woes (Am I taking too many things with me? Probably)
- teaching woes (um, can we say inexperienced?)
- accommodation details (minor ones, like oh, where am I going to live for the next 9 months...)
- Spanish (will my brain find all those unpracticed vocab words? )
- relationships (friends, family, significant other... all of which need attention, especially before I leave)
Basically, EVERYthing's been bubbling in my brain, and not in a very coherent, easy-to-manage way... so I'm writing it out.
Speaking of which... after much debating about whether to start a brand new Spain specific blog, and many a late night spent procrastinating the decision (and sleep) tweaking and re-tweaking fonts, colors, backgrounds and general design, I have decided not to create a new one like I did for my other forays abroad. Instead, I am giving this blog, which has been sporadic at best, a purpose and a chance to be what I had originally intended: a place to share and grow by writing about... well, anything that inspires me to. Goodness knows I should have more than enough inspiration with this life-changing experience coming around the bend.
Okay... I've calmed myself down (somewhat). Mission accomplished. Back to the